Monday, October 7, 2013

Race Week!

Get me on the plane already!  I have told ~10 people this already today...I am not sure why I didn't book my flight to Kona today.  There is ZERO work getting done today...well, except for this blog getting posted :)  I cannot even imagine tomorrow's shenanigans. 

So instead of littering my FB account with my current thoughts/feelings/aches/pains, I'll post it here - bullet style...:)

  • Physically I feel GREAT.  The work has been done, I feel that I've done everything I've needed to do.  Minus a *few* peanut m&m's, I am the fittest I've ever been.  I mentioned to Michelle (my coach) this weekend that it makes me nervous how good I feel.  Maybe that's just the magic of the taper?  Either way, everything is feeling pretty strong right now.  Hopefully with a little more rest this strength will carry through to Sat. 

  • I have plans to have dinner with Michelle and a teammate Patrick on Thursday night, always excited to spend time with team BSC!!!   Looking forward to Moana's cheering...she's the BEST and apparently she has a new one made up for us :)

  • I have all intentions to race HARD yet smart and with some sort of smile/grimace/grace the whole way (head down/chin up :)).  This is possibly the only chance I have at this race so I intend on giving 110% and enjoy the whole day (ups and downs). 

  • Emotionally?  That's a different story.  :)  ANXIOUS. EXCITED. NERVOUS. EXCITED. SCARED. EXCITED...on and on and on.  I know that once than canon goes my 'game face' is on...but until then, use this as an apology.  :)

  • I've had an extreme amount of support this year, especially recently and I seriously cannot even express my gratitude.  (and if I try too hard I'll cry what tears I have left :))  The amount of love and support I feel is incredibly overwhelming so those of you reading this that have reached out, you have left a mark on me forever and I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. 

  • We leave EARLY Wednesday morning.  The rest of my family (there are 10 of us!!) arrives wed/Thursday and I am so excited to have this time with all of them.  We are staying a week after the race for some R&R.  Sun, sand, and a couple of Mai Tai (s).  ;) 
Holy smokes it's race week!!!!  This year has flown by...


4 comments:

  1. So EXCITED for you lady! I will have to carry my charger with me because I probably will be checking your progress from my phone all day race day. You've got this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK! See you this week -- if you see me, grab me!

    ReplyDelete