Saturday, January 5, 2013

the Holidays (in photos)

Work Christmas Tree - TRAINS!
Trail Running

Foam rolling with Jasmin


When my daddy builds the bar, I get to sit on the bar!
Snow, snow, I love the snow!
Where I wish I was!

Training update - I've been pampering an ankle/calf strain (I don't dare call it the 'i' word)...I am trying out some new shoes coach recommended.  They really do feel like I'm running on clouds.  I was able to pull off a (pre) New Years Eve 1/2 marathon in them!  Very happy so far.  Now is the time to try something new out, right?  New Years Day my masters group has a 100 x 100 @ 100, so with 2 10ks on my schedule in 2013, I thought I ought to get started training for this asap!  100' is a pretty tight interval for me so I had to cut to 75's for some of them, but I was able to bust out 9025 yds for the day.  Not too shabby!  I was pretty dead the rest of the day.  I couldn't even nap I was so uncomfortable!  Note to self...more swimming!

And I would be swimming more, but I'm sick AGAIN!  It started the Friday before Christmas, I took the day off (training/celebrating) and then the second I felt better was back at it (training/celebrating).  2 weeks to the day later, I'm sick again.  This time, I'm laying low...low meaning NOTHING until I feel 100%.  This is day 2 and I'm going stir crazy.  I've already DIY 2 3 run shirts to tanks (I'm no Martha so they are pretty frightful - think cold meds and scissors :)), done ALL my laundry, taken down the Christmas tree, blown up my vacuum trying to clean up the Christmas tree.  I'm going to try to go to dinner tonight.  Hopefully I don't blow myself up. 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment